Thursday, February 14, 2008

Lisa's Half Marathon







Finally the day I had been training for arrived!! It was an absolutely beautiful day...sunny, clear and about 45 degrees at the start of the race. Friday night Uncle Jim, Aunt Kirsten, Dad and us went to the pre-marathon pasta feed which was awesome. Then up bright and early Saturday for the 8am start. My dad and Jed decided last minute to do the 5k toether. Jed was so excited. He was pretty proud of himself foe finishing. First the full marathon started and then us about 8:15. About 7:30 my nerves kicked in and I remembered that pre-race feeling from high school. It was an incredibly hilly course with almost no flat surface. But around each turn we made it got more beautiful. We wound around and over and through the mountains. It was so peaceful and serene.
My goal for the race was 2 hours but I actually finished in 1 hr 48 min. I came in 54th our of 516 men and women and 4th in my age group. 15th out of all the women. So I was pretty pumped. It was more fun than I'd imagined and I can't wait to do it again!!!

8 comments:

Jeff & Aleigh said...

You did AMAZING on the race!!!! CONGRATS on your phenomonal finish!!! You should be SO proud of yourself!!!

Andy, Jessica & Ayla said...

You did amazing.....that's awesome!!!!

Melissa said...

Way to go, Lisa!!

Burchibunch said...

Congratulations on your finish! I'm more than impressed! I kept wondering how it all went. Looks like you all had a great time in AZ and enjoyed the warmer weather. We will have to get together again soon:)

Angie said...

Great job, Lisa! That's awesome. Let's meet in Fargo again soon! :) We're getting anxious for Arizona!! Looks like you all had a great time.

Raelynn said...

I'm so proud of you!!!!! Wonder if I can tell you that enough?

Melanie said...

Hi, Lisa! I found your blog when I was blog-hopping a while ago. Congrats on the awesome time on your race! Eric & I ran a few 1/2's pre-Greta, but I'm having a hard time getting my endurance back again...you inspire me, doing that well after 3 kids! :)

Pedigo's said...

Dave wants to RACE you!

Great Job Lisa and Jed!!!! (grandpa too!)